Spring 2018 Update
Well I'm sure many of you are missing the WPRC emails, so we thought we would drop everyone a note :)
I hope everyone is having a great spring. Even though the mountain is no longer operating (still can't believe how things turned back to winter in March), we have already started preparing for next season. This past weekend was jammed packed with WPRC activities, so here are some of the highlights.
PARA Spring Meeting - Saturday May 5, 2018
- Jim DiBiase, Charle Donnellan and myself represent WPRC as part of the western region at the annual PARA Spring meeting.
- Additionally there are members from Hidden Valley and Deep creek that make up the western board members.
- There were 23 people in attendance from the program across the state. The spring meeting is an opportunity to reflect on the past season, discuss any issues or suggestions for next season and set the race schedules for the upcoming season. All accomplished in a quick 4 hour meeting :)
- Some key points to share:
- The U12 State Championships will be moving to Roundtop this season.
- PARA recognized the clubs that pulled off state championships given the conditions at the end of February. They gave a big thank you and complimented WPRC, which I want to pass along to all of you who helped pull that race off. Including a big thank you to Seven Springs for all of their support and helping us move snow.
WPRC Timing Hut Cleanup Day - Sunday May 6, 2018
- A huge thank you goes out to Dave Bruno, Mike Stadler, Rachel Davis and Charles.
- Dave and Mike cleaned out the bottom of the training hut. I recall Dave saying he found score sheets from 2016 and that we would have needed longer staples to keep adding to the pile!
- Mike and Dave also traced the audio problems at the start house down to bad speakers, so we are working to replace them for next season.
- Rachel, Charles and I cleaned out the upstairs. We made 5 trips to the dumpster and got rid of a lot of the clutter.
- All in all, we now have a very "Rustic" timing hut again :)
- A sincere thank you to the team for spending the day cleaning up the timing hut, we are eyeing up the training center next!!
WPRC Timing Hardware/Software Review - May 7, 2018
- It's been a few years since we did a thorough review of our timing equipment. Charles and I met with Fred Patton from Phoenix sports.
- We are exploring some options to update our start wand and get a new Timy timing device so that both our primary and secondary timers are the same hardware component.
- We are also exploring options to update our scoreboard display, but this is still a work in progress and research effort.
Wishing you all a great summer and looking forward to an early ski season this fall!