The 1-2-3's of PARA State Championships
PARA State Championships are now upon us, and this posting contains the steps and information necessary to navigate the events over the next few weekends:
- Confirmation - The Western Chair (Jim DiBiase) sends out an e-mail to each WPRC parent to confirm acceptance of all qualification spots. Please respond as soon as possible, because if anyone declines, we move down the list to the next alternate.
- Register - Registration for the State Championships done through AdminSkiRacing.com (https://adminskiracing.com/racereg/event_listing/viewevents). If you do not see the event listed, please continue to check back.
- State Championship Info - The PARA website contains all the info for the State Championships. For each event, the race organizing committee posts an "Invite Letter" to the PARA website under Derby/Derby Information (http://www.paracing.org/derby). Please read these letters in their entirety.
- Lodging & WPRC Logistics - Please check the calendar entries on the WPRC Google calendar for recommended lodging and details on WPRC specific logistics such as team meetings, dinners, and who the assigned WPRC coaches are. If you haven't done so, go book your hotel rooms now!!!!
- Standings - The race organizers typically run Live Timing (http://ussalivetiming.com) for daily unofficial results. The points scoring for the Championship will be published to the PARA website under Derby/Derby Standings 2018 (http://www.paracing.org/derby-standings-2018).
- Post Season - Anyone who does well enough to qualify for post-season events should be prepared to give a firm commitment at the awards ceremony at the State Championship. The Eastern Regional Races have been included in the WPRC Google Calendar. For more information on the Eastern Regional Races, please refer to the Eastern Region's section of the USSS website (https://usskiandsnowboard.org/sport-programs/regions-divisions/eastern-alpine-region/eastern-region-calendar).
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to your age group coaches or me.
Good luck and ski fast!